Incident Reporting

Accident, injury, or exposure?  Reporting Form

If a workplace incident requires emergency medical attention call: 911 or go to the nearest emergency room, or call 412-624-2121

All other incidents call:  412-647-4949

Wellness Clinic sign

The University Health and Wellness Center is available for profession medical evaluation and treatment.  The center is located on the 5th floor of the Medical Arts Building, 3708 Fifth Avenue

Reporting Recombinant DNA Research-Related Accidents or Violations of the NIH Guidelines

The University of Pittsburgh and investigators are required to report incidents involving recombinant or synthetic nucleic acid molecules. The IBC is responsible for reporting any significant problems or violations of the NIH Guidelines or research-related accidents or illnesses to the NIH.

FAQ 4 - non-compliance reporting

Report all accidents, illnesses, problems or ANY violations of the NIH Guidelines to the IBC Office using the following steps:

  1. Click the link to download the template form: IBC Incident Reporting Form
  2. Complete the information requested and SAVE the file
  3. Send the completed form to the IBC Office

AlertLine --              AlertLine reporting

AlertLine is a unique, toll-free line that makes it comfortable and convenient for employees to report irregular or troublesome workplace issues so that these issues can be investigated and resolved.

Research compliance concerns, including conflict of interest, improper charging of grants, violation of human subject research regulations, and violation of other research compliance rules can be reported on AlertLine.

Page updated 29 August 2019; Updated Incident Reporting form