Important Facts to Know
- All IBC applications for review must be submitted using MyIBC.
- All IBC investigators will be required to have completed the Biosafety - NIH Guidelines educational module a minimum of 24 hours before attempting to use MyIBC. **If you attempt to login prior to the re-set of training data, the online IBC system will NOT recognize you as a user.
- IBC research conducted at BSL-2+ and above will require ALL involved laboratory personnel to complete the Biosafety - NIH Guidelines educational module before the application can be submitted
- Research at Biosafety Levels 2 and below are not required to list all personnel in the application at this time unless sharing ARO protocols
Additional Details on the IBC Application Process
- Investigators and staff must complete the NIH required training at least 24 hours prior to their first attempt to access the MyIBC system.
- Users should access the MyIBC site with their Pitt or UPMC Username and password credentials.
Review a SAMPLE protocol application.
Need training or additional assistance? Contact the IBC Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a training session or consultation.